Hangar 18 ("Hangar 18" or "we" "our" or "us") owns or controls, and provides access to the Hangar 18 website, at the url www.hangar18.cc and related properties (the "Website") and all proprietary services, software, data and materials accessed via the Website (the “Services”).
Description of Website and the Services
In order to use the Website, you must obtain access to the Internet, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the Internet, including a computer and modem or other access device.
Intellectual Property Ownership; Licence
The past, present and future content of the Properties, including, without limitation, software graphics, text, images, audio, videos, designs, compilations, databases, targeting information, advertising copy, and the trademarks, logos, domain names, trade names, service marks and trade identities; any and all copyright material (including source and object code); and all other materials related to the Properties, including without limitation, the "look and feel" of the Website (collectively, "Content") are protected by applicable copyrights, trademark rights, database rights and other proprietary (including, but not limited to, intellectual property) rights and are the property of Hangar 18, its affiliates, or its licensors.
- listen to music and view videos streamed from the Website and participate in the Hangar 18 community areas;
- embed Hangar 18 widgets on your personal website or profile pages for non-commercial and private use only; and
- communicate with other members of the Hangar 18 community;
Provided that you:
- retain and do not alter or tamper with any trademark, copyright and other proprietary or legal notices contained in the original Content or any permitted copy you may make of the Content;
- do not insert any code, product or material to manipulate the Content in any way that affects any user's experience;
- do not copy or seek to copy or “rip” any audio and/or audiovisual content from the Website or any part of the Service;
Hangar 18 alone shall be responsible for determining, in its discretion, whether any use of the Site widgets constitutes commercial use in each case.
4. Links to Other Websites
Hangar 18 does not warrant or make any representation regarding the legality, accuracy, quality or authenticity of content, information, services or products presented by Other Sites. The hyperlinks to Other Sites do not constitute an endorsement by Hangar 18 of any Other Site(s) or resources, or their content, information, services or products.
5. Our Linking and Widget Policy
Any web site that links to the Website :
- must not frame, surround, obfuscate or create a browser or border environment around any of the Content of the Website;
- may link to, but not replicate, the Content;
- must not imply that Hangar 18 or the Website or any artist or performer are endorsing or sponsoring it or its products, unless Hangar 18 has given its prior written consent;
- must not present false information about Hangar 18 or its products or services;
- must not contain content that is illegal, obscene or defamatory, or that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial; and
- must not support, endorse or encourage piracy or the unauthorised exploitation of intellectual property rights.
Hangar 18 reserves the right to remove links at any time and for any reason in its absolute discretion.
6. Acceptable Use
You will not use the Properties to:
Upload, post, e-mail, transmit, display, copy, distribute, promote,
or otherwise communicate to the public:
- any material that is false, unlawful, threatening, tortious, disparaging (including disparaging of Hangar 18, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates), anything that adversely affects Hangar 18 such as discouraging any person or entity from advertising with, linking to or supplying Hangar 18, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, racist, sexually explicit, ethnically or culturally offensive, indecent, or that promotes violence, racial hatred, terrorism, or illegal acts, or is otherwise objectionable in Hangar 18's sole discretion;
- information, software, content or other material that violates, plagiarises, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright (including, offering pirated computer programs or links to such programs, information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial registration numbers for software programs, rights management information or any type of cracker utilities), trademark, patent, trade secret, rights of privacy or publicity, confidential information or any other proprietary right;
- material of any kind that contains a virus, Trojan horse, time bombs, worms, spyware, adware, malware, bots, any automated use of the system, such as scripts, or other harmful component or restricts or inhibits any other user's uninhibited use and enjoyment of the Properties, interferes with, overburdens, impairs or disrupts the Properties or servers or networks connected to the Properties, or disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Properties;
- information or material of any kind that is false or misleading or that constitutes or contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact, including, without limitation, by forging any TCP/IP packet header, any part of the header information in any transmission to the Website, or otherwise manipulating identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to or from the Website; or
- any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, requests for money, petitions for signature, or any other form of solicitation.
- Encourage, promote, solicit or commit conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law or otherwise make available any material that exploits or harms any individual, corporation or other entity.
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to scroll faster than other users of the Website are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges on the Website;
- Stalk, abuse, sexually exploit, violently exploit, groom, act violently toward, threaten or otherwise harass another user;
- Use or attempt to use another's information, account, password, service or system except as expressly permitted;
- Solicit or collect personal data including telephone numbers, addresses, last names, email addresses, or any other kind of information about users, including without limitation, through such means as spidering, “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” harvesting of e-mail addresses, wireless addresses or other contact or personal information, or any other automatic means of accessing, logging-in or registering on the Website or for any services or features offered on or through the Website; and
- Undertake any commercial purpose or activity without the prior written consent of Hangar 18, including, for example and without limitation, inserting your own or a third party’s advertising, branding or promotional content into any of the Website’s or Properties’ content, materials or services (for example, without limitation, in an RSS feed or a podcast received from Hangar 18 or otherwise available through the Properties).
- You represent, warrant and agree that you will comply with the above acceptable use requirements. Hangar 18 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate any user’s account or take such other action as Hangar 18 sees fit in relation to any user who breaches Hangar 18’s acceptable use policy or any of the other terms set forth herein. In extreme cases or as required by law or regulation, Hangar 18 reserves the right to take court action and/or report users to the relevant authorities. Hangar 18 believes in building a caring community based around sharing music and will not tolerate antisocial or unlawful behaviour on the Website or in connection with any of the other Properties.
7. User Accounts, Additional Terms, End User License Agreements & Subscriptions
If you choose to provide information to the Website, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current and complete information. If you create a user account, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password, if any, and agree you will not sell, transfer or assign your user account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, if any, and for restricting access to your computer so that others may not access any password-protected portion of the Website or other Properties using your name, user name or password in whole or in part.
You may be able to purchase a subscription for certain additional features of the Website and Services. You may only order subscriptions if you are considered capable of entering into an enforceable contract in the applicable jurisdiction. You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent with your online order or by other payment means acceptable to Hangar 18. You agree to pay all applicable taxes. If payment is not received by us from your credit or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us.
Hangar 18 may decide to run competitions, promotions, prize draws and other opportunities on the Website and these will be governed by a separate set of terms and conditions. A link to these terms and conditions will be found on the Website, alongside details of the specific competition, promotion, prize draw and other opportunities. It is your responsibility to read those terms and conditions for details about the terms that shall apply and any eligibility requirements.
Any software that we make available for download or use from the Website and/or our servers (the "Software") is the intellectual property of Hangar 18 or its licensors or suppliers. Any such “Software” shall be considered a “Service” or one of the “Properties” as such terms are defined and used herein. Your use of the Software may be governed by the terms of an end user licence agreement that may accompany or that may be included with the Software (the "Licence Agreement"). Please carefully read any Licence Agreement and Paragraph 7 above to determine the full extent of the terms and conditions governing the use of such Software.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER USE, REPRODUCTION, REDISTRIBUTION OR OTHER EXPLOITATION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, UNLESS SUCH USE, REPRODUCTION, REDISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION IS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED BY THE LICENCE AGREEMENT APPLICABLE TO SUCH SOFTWARE.
10. Copyrights and Copyright Agents
At Hangar 18, we aim to respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work (or the work of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act) has been copied, used, or made available on or through the Hangar 18 Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement of your intellectual property, please provide our copyright agent with a copyright infringement notice (“Notice”) which should include the following written information:
- a statement that you have identified material on the Website which infringes your copyright (or infringes the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act, if applicable);
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single Notice, a representative list of such works at that site;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Hangar 18 to locate the material (including, for example, a URL and/or screen shot);
- your full name, email address, postal address and telephone number on which you can be contacted;
- a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you that the information in the Notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
- a physical or electronic signature (which may be a scanned copy) of a person authorized to act on behalf of owner of the work that is allegedly infringed.
Hangar 18's agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or regarding the Website can be reached as follows:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unsure about your rights in respect of material, or whether there has been an infringement of your rights, we suggest you take legal advice before sending a Notice to Hangar 18. Please note that any video content made available on or through the Website which contains or displays the YouTube logo or which is provided via the YouTube player is provided to you by YouTube and from YouTube’s servers, and Hangar 18 thus does not have the ability to permanently remove all or any such content from YouTube’s servers. Therefore, if you have a complaint concerning any video content made available on the Website that is provided by YouTube, you should contact YouTube directly in accordance with copyright policies at: http://www.youtube.com/t/terms. If you believe that your work is available on the Website via the YouTube player in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please: (i) contact YouTube directly in accordance with copyright policies at: http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and (i) contact Hangar 18 by sending us a notice in accordance with the provisions of this Section 10.
11. Third Party Content and Information
The Properties contain Content and information that is provided for your convenience and enjoyment. Third parties provide some of the Content and information. You should be aware that the Content might contain errors, omissions, inaccuracies, outdated information and inadequacies and that the Content may be subject to terms and conditions, which may be found on the Website or in the documents and policies of third parties. Hangar 18 makes no representations or warranties as to the completeness, accuracy, adequacy, currency or reliability of any Content and will not be liable for any lack of the foregoing.
In addition, third party advertisers or commercial partners may offer goods, services and other materials to you on the Website. Your correspondence and business dealings with others found on or through the Website including, without limitation, the payment and delivery of products and services, the delivery of videos or other content, and any terms, conditions, warranties and representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the relevant third party. Hangar 18 will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or the offering of such products, services, and other Content on the Website. Under certain circumstances, we may permit third party users to upload content, in which event you, at your own risk, may be exposed to offensive, indecent or objectionable content.
Descriptions of, or references to, products, services or publications within the Website do not imply endorsement of that product, service or publication.
12. Information You Submit
From time to time, the Properties may contain functionality through which you can upload or submit information, data, software, messages, photographs, audio, video, text and other materials to, through or on the Website ("Your Upload Information"). For example, the Website may offer forums, bulletin boards, wikis, chat rooms, blogs or other interactive areas ("User Forums"). Hangar 18, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates or the directors, officers, employees, or other representatives of each of them do not endorse the content posted in User Forums. Hangar 18 reserves the right, but is not obligated, to delete, move or edit Your Upload Information, in whole or in part, submitted by you to a User Forum for any reason in their sole discretion. Hangar 18 reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Website and pursue all legal remedies if we believe your Upload Information infringes another's rights or otherwise violates any law, rule or regulation. You acknowledge and agree that you are prohibited from accepting payment for Your Upload Information from any third party, including, without limitation, accepting payment for the inclusion of a logo, brand advertising or other commercial content, in Your Upload Information.
All of Your Upload Information is your sole responsibility. This means that you, and not Hangar 18, are entirely responsible for all of Your Upload Information that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available via the Website. Hangar 18 actively discourages you from uploading information or content (including photographs) about your friends or other people without their express prior consent. If you post personal information in User Forums or on other publicly available areas of the Website, then you may receive unsolicited messages from third parties. Hangar 18 cannot ensure the security of any information you post in User Forums or on publicly available areas of the Website. Under no circumstances will Hangar 18 be liable in any way for any of Your Upload Information including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in Your Upload Information, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of Your Upload Information.
You acknowledge that the Web Site, through Hangar 18, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners undertakes no obligation to pre-screen Your Upload Information, but that it has the right, in its sole discretion to monitor, modify, transmit over various networks, refuse, move, block access to or remove any of Your Upload Information. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any of Your Upload Information including, but not limited to, any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of Your Upload Information. Since Hangar 18, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners may not pre-screen user generated content, you may bear legal responsibility for others' exposure to any offensive indecent or objectionable content in Your Upload Information.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE PROPERTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, AND FUNCTIONS MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH OR SENT FROM THE WEBSITE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE, " AND "WITH ALL FAULTS." TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, HANGAR 18 AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) ABOUT: (A) THE PROPERTIES; (B) THE CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ON AND PROVIDED THROUGH THE PROPERTIES; (C) THE FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE PROPERTIES; (D) THE MESSAGES, CONTENT AND INFORMATION SENT FROM OR THROUGH THE PROPERTIES BY USERS; (E) ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES; AND/OR (F) THE TREATMENT OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIAL OR DATA TRANSMITTED BY USERS TO THE PROPERTIES; (G) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THE PROPERTIES OR ANY LINKED SITE. HANGAR 18 DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PROPERTIES, ANY OF THE PROPERTIES' FUNCTIONS OR ANY CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE PROPERTIES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
HANGAR 18 DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR USE OF THE PROPERTIES IS LAWFUL IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION AND, IN ANY EVENT, HANGAR 18 SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY USING ANY OF THE FEATURES OF THE PROPERTIES, YOU ACT AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACCESS AND ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT. FURTHER, HANGAR 18 AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND TITLE.
HANGAR 18, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES OR THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT FOR THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR OTHER PROPERTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY ERRORS CONTAINED THEREIN. WHERE ANY JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES AS SET OUT ABOVE, THE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT THE LAW OF SUCH JURISDICTION IS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE PROPERTIES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
14. Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
THE HANGAR 18 ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER'S COMPUTER, HARDWARE, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS THE PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE PROPERTIES OR ANY OF THE CONTENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE ACCESSING AND USING THE PROPERTIES OR THE CONTENT.
YOU RECOGNISE AND CONFIRM THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF HANGAR 18'S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, PROGRAM, TELEVISION SHOW, MOTION PICTURE OR OTHER AUDIO/VISUAL CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY HANGAR 18 AND/OR ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AND/OR AFFILIATES OR YOUR UPLOAD INFORMATION, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY HANGAR 18 WEB SITE, SERVICES, PROPERTIES, PRODUCT, PROGRAM, MUSIC, TELEVISION SHOW, MOTION PICTURE OR OTHER AUDIO/VISUAL CONTENT OR YOUR UPLOAD INFORMATION OR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS RELATED THERETO.
- your use of the Properties;
- your use of the Content; or
- your placement or transmission of any of Your Upload Information or any other content or materials on or through the Properties.
You will cooperate as fully and reasonably as required by Hangar 18 in the defence of any claim. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Hangar 18 retains the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay any and all claims, demands, proceedings, suits, actions or causes of actions which are brought against Hangar 18 herein under the terms and provisions of this Section 15 and in no event shall you settle any such claim without Hangar 18's prior written approval.
16. Governing Law
You are solely responsible for compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations in connection with your use of the Properties and the Content, including, without limitation, those governing your transmission or use of any software or data.